October 6, 2022 (Thu) 14:00-20:00
Bib distribution at Yunoyamaonsen Kibosou (Shuttle bus is available from Yunoyamaonsen station)
October 7, 2022 (Fri)
07:30～08:30 Receive GPS device＆ Deposit drop bags
-08:45 Gathering at start line (Runners assigned to the first and second waves gather at the start line by
8:45 and the third group standby near the starting area)
08:45-09:00 Opening ceremony and Briefing
09:00-09:10 Wave start (100 runners of 3 groups departing at every 5 minutes)
October 9, 2022 (Sun)
13:10 Cut-off time 52hours
13:00- Award ceremony (at the beach in front of Hira Lake House)
Mountain area ranging from South to Western Shiga, Mie, Kyoto
(Suzuka Mountains, Konan Alps, Hiei Mountains, Hira Mountains)
Distance 100mile（167km） Cumulative elevation:D+10,500m
Cut-off time 52 hours
Number of bibs 300 bibs
[Entry Period for Selection and Entry Method]
1-12 Jun 2022
*No participation fee needs to be paid at this stage
Announcement of selection results: Mid-June 2022
*Selection for entry will be made according to their previous race results, and performance index including UTMB or ITRA Performance Index.
*Selection results will be notified individually via e-mails.
[Entry Period after Announcement of Selection Result]
For securing a place in the race, confirmation must be made within one week from the announcement of the selection results in mid-June 2022 with a payment of a participation fee.
The organizer will inform those who can enter how to confirm their place to by e-mails
*Note that the organizer holds a lottery if there are more than 300 people who have applied for the confirmation of their place through this entry site and the payment of participation fee during this period.
- JPY2, 000 discount when using your own IBUKI GPS device
- The participation fee will not be refunded after the entry is accepted.
- Bus fee to the starting point (currently checking the price) is not included
Eligibility for Entry
Runners meet all of the following [Eligibility] and [Conditions for Participation] are eligible for the entry
• Must be 18 years of age or older (as of the date of the race)
• Meet one of the following criteria by the time of entry
Completed the LAKE BIWA 100 in 2021
Completed trail running races with distances of 100mile or more since 2017
450 or higher in the UTMB or ITRA performance index 100M category
[Conditions for Participation]
• Must comply with rules set by Lake Biwa 100 organizer.
• Must be in possession of a personal accident insurance that covers the cost of search and rescue and evacuation in the mountains. It must also cover hospitalization expenses. The insurance must cover the sport of trail running and the participation in long distance races.
• Must be capable of dealing with all kinds of accidents which may occur during the race (physical condition, injury, bad weather conditions, distress, etc.) at your own risk.
Must be capable of using the GPX file and GPS watch navigation function on your own, as well as the offline map App on your smartphone, and must be able to self-navigate on trails and city areas with little course marking.
• Must follow infectious diseases prevention measures (e.g. COVID-19).
• Must complete a medical check list, sign a waiver form, and submit them online by the specified date.
• Install “Slack App”, which is used as a means of communication during the race, and subscribe to the designated channels in order to use “Slack App”.
• Must attend online briefings held about a week in advance of the race, or be able to watch briefing videos uploaded to YouTube by the day before the race.
• Must be able to communicate in Japanese or English
Invitations for Elite Runner
3 male runners who have a UTMB® Index above 880 and 3 female runners who have a UTMB® Index above 760 are invited as elite runner. Lake Biwa 100 organizer will cover a participation fee, transportation expenses (up to JPY130, 000 for oversea runner), and four nights accommodation.
Additionally, Lake Biwa 100 organizer covers participations fee for male runners having a UTMB® Index above 790, and a female runners having a UTMB® Index above 670.
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in.
The first 5 male runners, and the first 5 female runners are awarded.
All runners who finish the race receive a buckle, a finisher’s parker, a finisher’s certification.
Kaori Niwa (Professional Trail Runner)
Yunoyamaonsen Kibosou, Asake Tourism Association, Asake Chaya Campground, IBUKI (OND Co., Ltd.), Kamogawa Ryoyukai, Kyoto Mount Chop, Gozaisho Ropeway, NPO Shiga Round Trail, Sigaumara, Team Choki, Shigaraki Kogen Railway, Biwako Valley, Modoroki Shrine, Cross-D, Hira-Hiei Trail
LAKE BIWA 100 Committee
LAKE BIWA 100 Organizing Office
UTMB® World Series Qualifier
A finisher receives 6 points for UTMB® World Series Qualifier. Please see the details for the UTMB® World Series Qualifier.
ITRA（International Trail Running Association) Certified Race
A finisher receives 6 points of ITRA points.